Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HS#7 – Brighton – 3rd Place

I got a terrible start on this race and ended up at around 8th into the first corner. That is Jerry Mena below with the hole shot 100ft in front of me. I spent the first 13 mile lap in bad traffic fighting my way through the pack as well as other classes. All I kept thinking was how the leader must be just pulling away farther and farther. After 41mins of grinding my way up through I was surprised to find out that I worked my way into 2nd place. 200 yards later I was passed by Jeff Moan and that's when the fun began. I knew that we were fighting for 2nd and we went back and forth for the next 8 miles. I was ahead of Jeff trying to get some distance when as I come through a berm I see Jerry just picking up his bike and realize I just moved into first. For the next 5 miles the 3 of us had an all out battle going back and forth between the top 3 positions. Jerry got ahead of me near the end and I washed out in a corner trying to catch him back and ended up in 3rd. Jerry got 1st, Jeff got 2nd, and I had a blast… It was anybody’s race and this time Jerry got it… I will try to get him next time! What an awesome race!!!!

IMG_4086

IMG_3863

Jerry just in front of me as I am trying to reel him in.

IMG_4469

IMG_4482

IMG_4515

No comments: